Quick Info About Dr. Byrd:
- Bachelor of Science in Biology and Biochemistry: University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
- Master of Arts in Biology and Biomedical Sciences Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Doctor of Medicine: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
- Hand and Microvascular Surgery Fellowship: Harvard/Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Locations: Olympia Orthopedics Westside Clinic
Dr. Byrd’s approach to the care of the hands, wrist and upper extremities is patient-centered and focuses on a shared decision-making process. There are many successful methods of treating musculoskeletal complaints that are reviewed and discussed with the patient before deciding on which treatment plan is right for each symptom and person. Surgery remains only one pillar of treatment, many of these diagnoses can be successfully managed without surgery with a coordinated approach including therapy, medications, and patient education.
Dr. Byrd attended medical school at Washington University in St. Louis, which is consistently ranked as one of the top five medical schools and most selective in the country. He was honored with the Robert Carter Award for exemplary performance in medical school at the graduation ceremony.
He then completed his
Dr. Byrd board has received certification as a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and earned the Certification of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and an active member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand. Dr. Byrd has been asked to speak at their national meetings and is a frequent contributor through webinars and newsletters.
Contact Us Today
We have two convenient locations in Thurston County, Washington. Contact us today to speak with one of our friendly and knowledgeable receptionists to book an appointment with Dr. Byrd!