Why Choose Our Orthopaedic Physicians
Olympia Orthopaedic Associates (OOA) has been a part of Thurston County since 1972 and has grown to be the largest full-service orthopaedic group in the South Puget Sound area. Since the beginning, OOA has continually strived to become and remain a Center of Excellence for quality, comprehensive, full service musculoskeletal care in Southwest Washington while providing excellent care and improving the quality of life for people in the community.
Our sub-specialty programs include hand, wrist, elbow, spine, neuro, foot and ankle. Other services available are Pain Management, Sports Medicine, Physical Therapy, on-site diagnostics and Outpatient Surgery, including Total Joint Replacement. We also provide 24-hour emergency on-call care through Providence St. Peter Hospital and Capital Medical Center and same-day/next-day appointments.
Olympia Orthopaedic Associates is dedicated to providing you, our patient, with convenience and the highest quality orthopaedic services to get you back to the life you deserve, a Life in Motion.
In 1972, Dr. John Coker started the practice in a small office on Ensign Road in Olympia. He was joined two years later by Dr. Jerome H. Zechmann and a year later by Dr. Alan Roser. Dr. Kenneth Partlow III joined the practice in 1982, rounding out the group. In 1993 Dr. Jerome H. Zechmann retired and passed his practice to his son, Dr. Jerome P. Zechmann. Two years later Dr. Coker retired and Dr. Brodie Wood joined the team.
Over the next 20 years, we not only grew through physical expansion but also in services. Here is an overview of our journey.
- 1972 – We opened our first clinic on Ensign Road, near Providence St. Peter Hospital.
- 1998 – The Westside Clinic was added on Yauger Way, near Capital Medical Center.
- 2002 – We expanded to add the Tumwater Clinic and Olympia Surgery Center on Mottman Rd.
- 2005 – The Eastside Clinic on Lilly Road was built and we moved into a large portion of the facility.
- January 2012 – Physical Therapy was added to our line of services.
- September 2012 – Surgery Center, MRI, Physical Therapy , Westside and Tumwater Clinics opened.
- September 2012: Westside Medical Center opened to house clinic space, Physical Therapy, MRI and the Olympia Surgery Center
- March 2015 – Began performing Outpatient Joint Replacements in our Olympia Surgery Center.
- September 2016: Rapid Orthopaedic Care urgent care was opened in Hawks Prairie.
- July 2017: A second Rapid Orthopaedic Care urgent care was opened in the West Olympia Medical Center.
Learn more about how we began and how we have expanded to meet the needs of the community from our article on ThurstonTalk.com!
To ensure that individuals within our community and the surrounding communities have access to services that promote healthy musculoskeletal systems, our practice provides the following patient services:
- 24-hour physician availability
- On-site diagnostic studies including X-Ray, MRI (long bore, short bore and extremity), Electromyogram (EMG) and Nerve
- Conduction Studies.
- Surgical and non-surgical management options, including Physical Therapy, Interventional Pain Management, Occupational
- Medicine and Outpatient Joint Replacement
- Multi-disciplinary treatment approach
- Ankle, foot, hand, sports medicine and spine sub-specialties
- 2 convenient office locations (Eastside & Westside Olympia)
- Orthopaedic Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Billing specialists available for patient questions and claim support
- 2008: Thurston Economic Development Council Corporate Employer of the Year
- 2012-2013: Thurston County Chamber 1st Annual Excellence in Business Award
- 2014: Best of South Sound: Best Clinic
- 2015: Top Places to Work Finalist
- Healthcare Champions, Professional Leadership Award: Dr. Patrick Halpin
Olympia Hospital Affiliations
Our physician is affiliated with the following hospitals in the Olympia, WA area:
Our Values and Mission
Olympia Orthopaedic Associates will continually strive to become and remain a Center of Excellence for quality, comprehensive, full service musculoskeletal care in Southwest Washington.