Thomas Helpenstell, M.D.
Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Thomas Helpenstell Specializes In:
Hip Arthritis and Total Hip Replacement, Knee Arthritis and Total Knee Replacement, Arthroscopic Surgery of the Knee
Oly Ortho Location: Westside Clinic
About Dr. Helpenstell:
- Bachelor of Arts: Grinnell College, Grinnell, IA
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA
- Rotating Internship: Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Orthopaedic and Fracture Clinic, Eugene, OR
- Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellowship: Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA
Dr. Helpenstell attended Grinnell College, Grinnell, Iowa graduating with a Bachelor of Arts Degree. During his time at Ginnell College, Dr. Helpenstell was a 5-Time All-American Diver. He received his Medical Degree from the University Of Washington School Of Medicine and was certified as a Diplomat with the National Board of Medical Examiners. His internship was spent at Virginia Mason Hospital in Seattle, Washington and his residency at University of New Mexico Hospitals in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Dr. Helpenstell completed two fellowships, one in sports medicine at the Orthopaedic and Fracture Clinic in Eugene, Oregon and the second, a fellowship in foot and ankle surgery at Harborview Medical Center / University Hospital, Seattle, Washington.