- Bachelor’s Degree: Emory University, Atlanta, Ga
- Post Baccalaureate: Augusta State University, Augusta, Ga
- Medical Doctorate: Mercer University, Savannah, Ga
- Internal Medicine Residency: University of Cincinnati Medical Center
- Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship: University of Cincinnati Medical Center
Born and raised in Louisville, Georgia, Dr. Borders obtained her Bachelor Degree at Emory University in Atlanta Georgia and her Medical Degree in Savannah, Georgia at Mercer University. She participated in the Obesity Summit for Residents and Fellows in Orlando, Florida and is involved in ongoing research activities at the Mercer University School of Medicine and the University of Cincinnati.
Dr. Borders utilizes an individual approach including exercise, nutrition and pharmacotherapy for Obesity Management and Surgical Readiness along with a conservative approach in Primary Care Sports Medicine. She is passionate about treating athletes when it comes to sports performance and is active member of American College of Physicians and American Medical Society for Sports Medicine.
Dr. Borders enjoys camping, hiking, cooking and paddle boarding. She also enjoys competing with her siblings to see who can take their mom on the best vacation every year! Being from a small town and heavily involved with her community in the past, she is eager to get involved in the Olympia community that she now calls home.