Dr. DuMontier was born and raised in Northwest Montana. His family owned a small ranch where he was exposed to farming and ranching. He also enjoyed the outdoor recreation that Montana offered.
He attended the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, where he received a B.A. in Biology and experienced life in a big city.
He attended medical school at the University of Washington as part of the WAMI program. He spent his first year in Montana and the remainder in Seattle. After receiving his Doctor of Medicine degree, he completed his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Washington in Seattle. It was during residency training that his interest in Trauma and Foot & Ankle was fostered by several outstanding mentors in those specialties.
He completed fellowship specialty training in Foot & Ankle surgery in Pontiac, MI with Art Manoli II MD. This provided well rounded training that complemented his previous Seattle education.
He worked in Ronan, MT for 4 years doing general orthopaedics. He then moved to Kalispell, MT where his practice evolved to be more sub-specialized. Initially with a mixture of Trauma and Foot & Ankle, and gradually shifting to primarily Foot & Ankle.
He joined Olympia Orthopaedic Associates in 2014 to establish a Foot & Ankle Center. His professional interests include complex trauma to the lower extremities and reconstruction of post-traumatic and arthritic deformities. He also specializes in ankle replacements. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is a member of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society.
Dr. DuMontier is married and has three children. They are excited to be in the Olympia area. He enjoys sailing, running, classic cars, and spending time with his family.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology: University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA
- General Surgery Internship: University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine Residency: University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellowship: Michigan International Foot & Ankle Center
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Capital Medical Center
- Providence St. Peter Hospital