Dr. Stephen Snow is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in total joint replacement surgeries, including hip replacements and knee replacements.
Dr. Snow received a Bachelor of Arts in Biology from Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, Washington. He earned his medical degree at Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr. Snow spent his internship at the Hartford Hospital in Hartford, Connecticut, and his residency at the St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York, New York. He went on to complete a one-year orthopaedic fellowship at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center and the Hospital for Special Surgery, also in New York City. Dr. Snow received certification from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery in 1994. He recertified in 2004 and 2013.
Since 1992, Dr. Snow has specialized in joint replacement procedures, including a direct anterior hip replacement technique. Using this anterior approach to total hip replacement surgery versus the traditional posterior technique, patients who undergo anterior hip replacement for the hip joint have shorter hospital stays, smaller incisions, and less disruption to their muscle thereby allowing anterior hip replacement patients to recover more quickly. Instead of the traditional approach to hip replacement, the anterior approach will access the hip joint from the front instead of the side or back. Patients with arthritis or other conditions that may require a hip replacement could be candidates for direct anterior hip replacement.
In addition to hip replacements and the direct anterior approach, Dr. Snow also specializes in total knee replacement surgeries. To learn more about the total joint procedures performed or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Snow, please request an appointment online or call (360) 709-6230.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology, Minors in Chemistry and French: Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, WA
- Doctor of Medicine: Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- General Surgery Internship: Hartford Hospital, Hartford, CT
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: St. Luke's–Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Fellowship: St. Luke's–Roosevelt Hospital Center/Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Thurston-Mason County Medical Society
- Washington State Medical Association
- Washington State Orthopaedic Association
- US Army Reserve Medical Corps, Major, Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Capital High School
- Saint Martin’s University
- Capital Medical Center
- Providence St. Peter Hospital
- Olympia Surgery Center