Dr. R. Trent McKay joined Olympia Orthopedic Associates in 2008 after completing a sports medicine fellowship, residency, and internship at the University Orthopaedic Hospital and Clinics in Utah.
Dr. McKay has been specialty trained in minimally invasive arthroscopic treatment of shoulder and knee disorders including rotator cuff repair.
Dr. McKay graduated Valedictorian from medical school at the University of Arizona in 2001. He graduated Summa Cum Laude with honors from the University of Arizona for his undergraduate Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry with minors in math, physics, and chemistry in 1997.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry: The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Utah Health Care, Salt Lake City, UT
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellowship: University of Utah Health Care, Salt Lake City, UT
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Utah Medical Association
- Washington State Medical Association
- Washington State Orthopaedic Association
- Capital Medical Center
- Providence St. Peter Hospital