Richard J. Lamour, M.D., is a dual-fellowship-trained, board-certified orthopaedic surgeon of the foot and ankle as well as sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery. He specializes in foot and ankle arthritis, trauma, and deformity correction in adults.
After completing his undergraduate degree in natural sciences at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, Dr. Lamour received his doctor of medicine degree at The Ohio State University College of Medicine in Columbus, Ohio. While in medical school, he volunteered in several indigent clinics in Columbus, Ohio, and helped lead an intensive summer program for high school students interested in medicine, called MD Camp.
Dr. Lamour completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital in South Florida. He also completed advanced fellowship training in orthopaedic sports medicine at the Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine in Gulf Breeze, Florida, and training in foot and ankle surgery at the Las Vegas Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Institute in Las Vegas, Nevada. Throughout his medical education and clinical experience, Dr. Lamour trained under several renowned orthopaedic surgeons, including internationally-recognized sports medicine surgeon James Andrews, M.D.
Dr. Lamour gained extensive knowledge and experience treating athletes during his years providing medical care to University of Miami football, Miami Marlins baseball, Auburn University football, and Fresno State basketball teams.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Lamour spends time outdoors and enjoys hiking and fishing as well as traveling.
- Bachelor of Arts in Natural Sciences: Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Doctor of Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH
- General Surgery Internship: Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami, Miami, FL
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami, Miami, FL
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellowship: Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, Gulf Breeze, FL
- Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellowship: Las Vegas Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Institute, Las Vegas, NV
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- J. Robert Gladden Orthopaedic Society