Dr. Dominic Femiano is a native of the Pacific Northwest. He grew up in Seattle and earned his undergraduate degree at the University of Washington before attending medical school at Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, PA. He completed his residency in family medicine at Group Health Cooperative in Seattle, serving as chief resident, and then completed a fellowship in primary care sports medicine at the University of Washington. He is board certified in family medicine with a certificate of added qualification in sports medicine. He joined Olympia Orthopaedic Associates in October 2015.
He specializes in nonoperative treatment of sports-related injuries and musculoskeletal care of chronic tendon injuries, arthritis, fractures, and ligament sprains/tears. He also has interest in concussion management in young athletes and screening for cardiovascular disorders of young athletes. Dr. Femiano performs ultrasound for diagnosis and therapeutic joint and soft tissue injections. He also uses the latest technology, such as PRP (platelet rich plasma) or Tenex to treat chronic tendon injuries.
Dr. Femiano is a team physician for Saint Martin’s University and several high schools in the greater Olympia area. He previously served as Seattle Storm (WNBA) Team Physician, University of Washington Athletics Team Physician, Seattle Marathon Assistant Medical Director, and Seattle Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Medical Captain. He has presented research nationally on the prevention and treatment of sudden cardiac arrest in young athletes.
He enjoys staying active outdoors and absorbing the local art and restaurant scene.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Doctor of Medicine: Jefferson Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- Family Medicine Residency: Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, WA
- Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship: University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Certificate of Added Qualifications in Sports Medicine: American Board of Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- River Ridge High School
- Saint Martin’s University
- South Puget Sound Community College
- Washington State Licensed Ringside Physician
- Capital Medical Center
- Providence St. Peter Hospital
- Olympia Surgery Center