Dr. Smith graduated from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Troy, NJ with a Bachelor of Science Cum Laude Biology. He graduated as a M.D. from Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, D.C. He served a residency in family practice at the Naval Regional Medical Center in Jacksonville, Florida and then completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at Naval Hospital Bethesda in Maryland. He holds a board certification from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Smith practiced as a family physician at the Naval Hospital in Bremerton, Washington. He then began practicing as an orthopaedic surgeon at the Naval Hospital in Newport, Rhode Island. He moved to Olympia, Washington where he practiced at Memorial Clinic for 15 years prior to joining the staff at Olympia Orthopaedic Associates in July of 2001.
Dr. Smith specializes in orthopaedic trauma and fracture care.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
- Doctor of Medicine: Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- Family Practice Residency: Naval Hospital Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, MD
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Family Practice
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Thurston-Mason County Medical Society
- Washington State Orthopaedic Association
- Capital Medical Center
- Providence St. Peter Hospital